I’m Cally Huttar (she/her/hers), PhD, LAc, FABORM, acupuncturist, Chinese herbalist, with a doctorate in depth psychology, and founder of Lotus Leaf Acupuncture & Wellness Center. I also hold board certification in Reproductive Acupuncture from ABORM, and I am member of the Obstetrical Acupuncture Association (OBAA) with advanced training in perinatal acupuncture.
I understand how challenging, frustrating, or overwhelming it can be on your fertility journey. I also know how confusing and contradictory the medical advice is in treating our physical discomfort and emotional swings as we transition through menopause. I can relate to the fear and hopelessness that come with unresolved questions and the frustration of short-term suppression of symptoms. I also know the relief and joy that is available when the root cause is identified and treated and optimal health and well-being is achieved, whether is it is a healthy pregnancy, birth experience, baby, or choosing to live child-free with deep happiness in a strong body as you age into your senior years.
My practice and approach to healing is unique, and so are my patients. Providing compassionate care is the foundation of my practice. Office visits are spacious because I take time to listen and understand your specific concerns. I do not chase after symptoms and disease, a strategy of modern medicine that has plagued the current healthcare system. I understand that healing cannot be found on the internet, rather optimal health is created in an intimate safe space with a knowledgeable, well trained, and caring practitioner. In shifting the way we view health care, my goal is to understand your complete health picture and create treatment plans that are customized, realistic, and effective. I treat people––not symptoms, I provide health care––not sick care.
I use my doctoral education in depth psychology to tend to the unseen and hidden roots of your emotional life. This helps me to establish a strong therapeutic alliance with you based on trust and integrity. I also extend the use of body-mind medicine to include breath work, meditation, and craniosacral therapy. The art and skill of my work is knowing which of these therapies to use and when. I work hard for my patients and show them how to do the same for themselves.
I will be your partner in creating the health you’ve always wanted through tending to your whole body, mind, and spirit. Together we will encourage healing from within, holistically, as nature intended.
- PhD, Depth Psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute
- MAc, Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and [East Asian] Medicine
- BSc, Human Development, University of Vermont
- NCCA[o]M, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and [East Asian] Medicine, Diplomate
- FABORM Fellow of the Acupuncture & TCM Board of Reproductive Medicine (ABORM)
- Comprehensive Chinese Herbal Medicine, Jade Institute
- Advanced Herbalist Training, Institute of Chinese Herbology
- ADAPT, Kresser Institute Functional Medicine Practitioner Training
- ABORM, Acupuncture & TCM Board of Reproductive Medicine
- OBAA, Obstetrical Acupuncture Association
- WAEMA, Washington Acupuncture & East Asian Medicine Association
- AWB, Acupuncturists Without Borders
- ASA, American Society of Acupuncturists
- Fertility & Reproductive Medicine
- ART, IVF & IUI Integrative Care
- PMS, Endometriosis, PCOS
- Prenatal/Healthy Pregnancy Care
- Prebirth and Labor Preparation Care
- Postpartum Care