Staying Calm & Carrying On
I wanted to reach out and share some thoughts about COVID-19, and its potential impact on our local and global community and on your healthcare in general.
As I’m sure you know, our understanding of COVID-19 continues to shift and evolve rapidly. That is the nature of a global pandemic.
If you haven’t already, check out one of my colleague’s, Chris Kresser, recent podcast with infectious disease specialist Dr. Ramzi Asfour. It’s a good summary of what this virus is, how it’s different than influenza, SARS, and MERS, what you can do to protect against infection, and some ideas for support if you do become infected. Click here to listen to the show or read the transcript.
I am following this closely, and will continue to report any new or significant developments that I think may be helpful for you to know about.
We’re fortunate to be a holistic healthcare clinic that offers effective immune boosting support. This has allowed us to continue operating at full capacity, and we hope to be able to continue to do that even as the number of COVID-19 cases grows.
It’s also a blessing that some of our healthcare services can be offered via phone and video. This will enable you as patients to continue to receive healthcare tips, diet, and lifestyle recommendations during this challenging time.
We Are Here For You
We are committed to providing you care during this time of uncertainty, and our clinic remains open to serve you.
We are taking the following precautions in light of the coronavirus outbreak:
- Frequently touched surfaces are sanitized several times a day, including door handles, countertops, desktops, water dispenser, and faucet handles.
- Cancellation fees have been waived to allow patients to cancel as needed.
- Any patient or staff member that has a cold, flu, or possibly the coronavirus has been advised to stay home.
- Our clinic allows people to maintain social distancing
- There are only 2 people in our clinic at any given time
- Patients are in a private treatment room for most their time in our clinic
- We have always allowed 15-30 minutes in between patient appointments, which means there is no need for anyone to sit in the waiting room if you do not arrive early.
In addition to getting enough sleep, eating nutritious whole foods, exercise, meditation, and fresh air, acupuncture will boost your immune system, relieve stress, improve digestion, and increase vitality. You can book online here.
There are supplements that will also help to boost your immunity and relieve stress, which we carry in our clinic and make available on our online dispensary at 25% off:
- Vitamin C, 1000 mg 2 x day
- Vitamin D-3 with K2, 10,000 iu 2 x day
- Zinc, 20 mg, 2 x day
- Stress B-complex, 2 tabs, 2 x day
In addition, we have a full Chinese herbal pharmacy and are making individualized custom formulas for boosting the immune system and treating colds and the flu this season.
Make no mistake: we’re facing difficult times ahead. Yet I believe that this experience will bring us closer together as a community of people that is dedicated to preventing and reversing disease and cultivating more health and resilience in the world.
This is a time for us to be kind, patient, and compassionate; slowing down and being mindful in our social interactions will benefit us all.
From our home here at Lotus Leaf Acupuncture and Wellness Center to wherever this message finds you, we send the very best wishes for you, your family and our community’s health and well-being.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Yours in health,